Center for Writing alumni—Greg Schneider-Bateman
read another alum's response
11 Questions for Center for Writing Alums
- Your name: Greg Schneider-Bateman
- Your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When did you work with us? 2007-2009 as a Graduate Writing Consultant
- What was your role? writing consultant
- What education and/or occupation(s) have you pursued since working with us? Assistant Professor at Kettering University in Flint, MI.
Reflections on your center experience:
- Did your work with us influence your educational or occupational choices? If so, how? My work at the center helped reinforce my love of writing instruction and reminded me that traditional classroom instruction can be productively augmented by one-on-one interactions. I’ve also used my experience at the center to begin improving peer writing instruction at Kettering University.
- What are the most significant abilities, values, or skills that you developed in your work with us? The C4W helped me expand my listening skills, allowed me to develop better one-on-one writing instruction, and taught me the value of community. I also came to appreciate how central creative leaders are in establishing and building a fun and productive work environment.
- In your personal and professional life today, how do you find yourself using what you learned from working with us? I use the writing instruction constantly, and I seek to be the kind of teacher and leader that I learned to appreciate as an employee at the center.