Center for Writing alumni—Lauren Curtright
read another alum's response
11 Questions for Center for Writing Alums
- Your name: Lauren Curtright
- Your email: Lauren.email@example.com
- When did you work with us? 2006 to 2010
- What was your role? writing consultant, front desk/computer lab attendant, TA Coordinator
- What education and/or occupation(s) have you pursued since working with us? Postdoc at a university and Assistant Professor at a two-year college—both in composition and literature—in Atlanta, GA.
Reflections on your center experience:
- Did your work with us influence your educational or occupational choices? If so, how? Yes. It gave me a more flexible and ethical approach to student writing that made me seek teaching, and learning from, a diverse student body.
- What are the most significant abilities, values, or skills that you developed in your work with us? Listening skills
- In your personal and professional life today, how do you find yourself using what you learned from working with us? I try to ask more than tell.